Test the Future of IoT Security
TEST THREEAuto Blocking of IP Addresses
3A Blocking IP Address
Blocking the IP Address to Stop Potential Intruders.
Connecting to devices using a browser.
Returning a web page when clicked:
- Click on <Connect to OK Device>: you will successfully be connected to a webpage as a comparison.
- Click on <Block IP>: the browser will time out and return nothing
What’s happened when you clicked on <Block IP>:
- An event trigger on the <Block IP> device sends a function call to a firewall to block your IP address
- Your IP will remain blocked for (X) minutes
Click the image above to view a larger version.
A user IP address is blocked when an outside trying to access a device within a protective mesh.
A firewall rule is used to block the IP address. A blocking function can be triggered when a device has a firewall or as a peer-to-peer function triggered by an event on a device.
Retest IP Blocking 3B:
- Test the block by trying to reconnect by clicking on <Block IP>
- the browser will time out and return nothing
- Proceed to Step 4A unblock your IP address