Questions & Answers
5 Key Components of Smart Talk Beacon!
- “No Trust Security” works because of a new architecture and protocol “Designed for Security.”
- Peer to Peer secure communications and functions makes edge device smarter as part of a security and operation service.
- Legal entity management is a business relationship builder designed to accommodate various support channel strategies to improve support services and save money.
- The Health Ecosystem is part of a Quality of Service (QoS) solution designed to optimize security, operations and support. If a device is not working properly, it is useless. Various telemetry gathering and analysis solutions are used to automate support services through the Health ecosystem. The Health Ecosystem is like our health system. Information is gathered, centralized and analyzed to arrive at a diagnosis.
- The Support Ecosystem is designed to support automated support processes. If the issue is complex field staff are dispatched just like a surgeon is called to remove a tumor. All activities are track and reported to ensure QoS is maintained.
What are Beacon's core features?
- Intrusion Protection
Beacon stops or mitigates attacks such as: DDos, Main in the Middle, black/grey hole, rushing, server failure/hijacking, and others.
- Server Load balancing
Built in multi service operations with load balancing. This implementation supports end to end connection authentication.
- Server Redundancy
All servers are live all the time with redundancy. Server migration allows a cluster server to be replaced when necessary with limited operational effect.
- Device Life Cycle Management
Device life cycles include implementation, operations, maintenance and replacement. Once a device reaches end of life, a one click replacement process allows you to decommission the existing device and replace it with a fully configured new one. This includes peer relations and communication certifications
- Failed Connection Detection
Any connection whether server or device is detected, monitored and reported.
- Security Breach Detection
Any breach, including unauthorized attempts by a device or server, are identified. Data changes and manipulations are also monitored. In the event of a breach automated processes occur to eject the device or server.
- User Behavior Monitoring
Unusual user behavior such as changing access rights is detected and reported. Ejection is possible.
- Migration Services
Servers can be replaced by migrating services from one computer to another.
- Disaster Recovery
Disaster recovery processes are built into server and device policies for automated recovery.
- Performance Monitoring
Performance monitoring is integrated into the health and support ecosystem.
What is Smart Talk Beacon?
Smart Talk Beacon represents the future of IoT security, operates, management, monitored and support.
The promises of revolutionary interactions between people and devices are realized with the innovations of Beacon.
Security, privacy, control and accountability are core principles Beacon delivers. Security is required to have privacy, privacy requires control over you information and accountability is needed to insure activities are appropriate. Beacon protects you and your devices.
Can you provide an example of a Peer to Peer implementation?
Consider an IP security implementation. Cameras, speakers, access control and a traffic control light interact with one another and with servers (storage units), other cameras and systems.
Cameras can trigger actions on traffic lights, cameras, access control or other systems. The reverse is also true. For inter device operations:
- Devices need to be inventoried including manufacture, model, date, firmware, sensors, errors, messages, and functions.
- A peer needs to know what other devices are considered peers.
- Peers need to know what functions exist on a peer.
- Permissions and policies must control interactions.
- All devices and communications must be secure.
- All devices need to monitor one another for failures.
- All actions need to recorded for failures.
These are a few of the considerations for peer to peer operations. A comprehensive operation, management, monitoring and support environment also needs to be considered.
Why do businesses choose Beacon?
Businesses choose Beacon to increase profitability by saving more and making more money.
Beacon is disruptive technology where you have 10 fold increase in functionality at less cost and ease of implementation.
Fewer staff are required to manage, monitor, operate and support your IoT implementations.
Beacon increases probability through:
- “No Trust” Bulletproof security
- Relationship Management
- Inter device operations
- Health Ecosystem
- Support Ecosystems
DO MORE WITH LESS COST!
Is Beacon patented technology?
Smart Talk Beacon the pioneer of “No Trust Security”. This led to the development of a patent in 2020 outlining the various branches of our solution.
This is a very large patent submission developed in conjunction with Smart & Biggar, the largest and most experienced intellectual properties patent law firm in Canada.
What are the 4 core principles required for new IoT solutions?
- Security is necessary for operation integrity and trust.
- Privacy is possible when you have reliable and impenetrable security.
- Control is required for privacy. One needs to control who, what, when and why information is shared.
- Accountability is required to ensure control is maintained. Monitoring, detection and response is required when bad actors or actions are present.
We need reliable security!
TCP/IP or the internet protocol was never designed with security. Security has been added, changed and enhanced without real success. We need a way to directly secure device communications, access and operations. This cannot be accomplished without fundamental changes to the existing internet framework.
To effectively secure IoT devices, devices must:
- Limit discoverability
- Have restrictive and controlled access control
- Be monitored at all time
- Have intrusion detection
- Have methods to mitigate and minimize corruption and intrusions
Beacon is a fundamentally different. Beacon is security by design. “No Trust Security” means no trust of any communications, device or user. No trust at anytime, anywhere and always. No Trust is more like the real world, do not trust anyone until you can verify trust.
What makes Beacon security special?
Beacon is the only high security comprehensive solution available that includes communications and operations, management and support of devices.
Three categories of security operations are used with Beacon:
1) Secure access and communication
No Trust security is used to:
- Identify trusted devices
- Validate all communications
2) Integrated security processes and operations
- Physical security
- Software, network and process security
- Users Security
3) Integrated Support Services
- Automated actions
- Field resolution
What does it cost to use Beacon?
Beacon has 2 executables: server and device.
Device executables or agents are free. There may be a small fee for some specialized implementations.
Server implementations fees include cluster size, device counts and business model: hosting, corporate or manufacturer implementations.
OEM licenses are available.
Installation and setup fee may apply.
Training and support is available.
Annual renewal fee is 25% of license.
Other services are available on a fee for service basis.
How does “No Trust Security” work?
Beacon ‘s secure protective digital mesh is a set of interconnected devices and entities defined by relationships based on need. Information and devices are secure from intrusion from the outside and malicious behavior from within a mesh.
The no-trust security framework relies on collaboration between network devices to identify neighbours to allow them to talk and protect each other. This framework enables seamless information gathering from the network, evaluating the health of the devices, and addressing quality of service (QoS) issues.
What is the implementation process for Beacon?
There are three primary business decisions:
- What kind of service do you want including private, public, hybrid or hosted?
- What level of integration do I want?
- How will I support my devices – technical and field support?
Each of these decisions have options that affect your business in different ways and each business type can choose the implementation strategy that works for them:
- Manufacturers can implement Beacon on as:
- Part of their support strategy
- A fee for service where integrators/resellers and clients pay a small fee for integrated support services
- As a 3rd party agent when requested by integrators or clients
- Small corporations can buy access from a service provider based on services and feature sets.
- Large corporations with multiple sub corporations or businesses units can implement private, public cloud or hybrid to service devices by region, device types and 3rd parties. (see related documents for more details)
- Service providers offer Beacon services to clients based on
- Device types,
- Specialized services
- Regional services
For more information please contact: email@example.com
Smart Talk Beacon Solutions Ltd.
3739 20th Avenue
Regina, SK, Canada